No GRE required
Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
National Tier 1 University (U.S. News & World Report)
Our university emphasizes four core values:
Excellence in all of our endeavors.
Integrity in all our actions.
Inclusiveness of diverse cultures and identities.
Collaboration between disciplines and programs and with community partners and stakeholders.
Earn your advanced degree from the University of Nevada, Reno, while maintaining your current commitments. Our flexible program allows you to learn while you work and apply new knowledge to your current position.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we’ve structured our curriculum around the most important public health topics and created a concentration that emphasizes a broad base of knowledge and skills.
- Social and Behavioral Health
- Environmental Health
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Information Systems Management
- Program Development
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Online submission of completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Written statement of purpose: 500-word essay addressing relevance of your professional experience to public health, describing your career objectives and outlining your interest in graduate study
- Updated resume or CV
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or 3.0 in last 60 credit hours
- Students with a cumulative GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 may be considered with submission of standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, MCAT)
- Course in Statistics. Curriculum option is available for applicants lacking this prerequisite
- International applicants for whom English is not their first language must submit TOEFL scores