Welcome to Online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice
Summer Applications Due:
Thursday, Apr. 6, 2023
Summer Classes Start:
Monday, May 15, 2023
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond just physical health and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field. Our online MPH in Public Health Practice program provides a comprehensive curriculum in public health policy, finance and budget, health informatics, epidemiology and biostatistics, social and behavioral health.
100% online with no residency requirement
Multiple start dates per year
Graduate in as few as 24 months
No GRE required
Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
National Tier 1 University (U.S. News & World Report)
Why Choose the University of Nevada, Reno for Your Online MPH in Public Health Practice?
Our university emphasizes four core values:
Excellence in all of our endeavors.
Integrity in all our actions.
Inclusiveness of diverse cultures and identities.
Collaboration between disciplines and programs and with community partners and stakeholders.
About our 100% online MPH in Public Health Practice
Earn your advanced degree from the University of Nevada, Reno, while maintaining your current commitments. Our flexible program allows you to learn while you work and apply new knowledge to your current position.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we’ve structured our curriculum around the most important public health topics and created a concentration that emphasizes a broad base of knowledge and skills.
Our online MPH in Public Health Practice courses cover:
- Social and Behavioral Health
- Environmental Health
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Information Systems Management
- Program Development
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Online MPH in Public Health Practice Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission into the online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Online submission of completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Written statement of purpose: 500-word essay addressing relevance of your professional experience to public health, describing your career objectives and outlining your interest in graduate study
- Updated resume or CV
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or 3.0 in last 60 credit hours
- Students with a cumulative GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 may be considered with submission of standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, MCAT)
- Course in Statistics. Curriculum option is available for applicants lacking this prerequisite
- International applicants for whom English is not their first language must submit TOEFL scores