*GRE can be required if you do not have at least 3 full years of professional experience in health care.
Welcome to Online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond just physical health and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field. Our online MPH program provides a comprehensive curriculum in public health policy, finance and budget, health informatics, epidemiology and biostatistics, social and behavioral health.
100% online with no residency requirement
Multiple start dates per year
Graduate in as few as 24 months
No GRE required*
Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
National Tier 1 University (U.S. News & World Report)
Why Choose the University of Nevada, Reno for Your Online MPH?
Our university emphasizes four core values:
Excellence in all of our endeavors.
Integrity in all our actions.
Inclusiveness of diverse cultures and identities.
Collaboration between disciplines and programs and with community partners and stakeholders.
About our 100% online MPH in Public Health Practice
Earn your advanced degree from the University of Nevada, Reno, while maintaining your current commitments. Our flexible program allows you to learn while you work and apply new knowledge to your current position.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we’ve structured our curriculum around the most important public health topics and created a concentration that emphasizes a broad base of knowledge and skills.
Our online MPH courses cover:
- Social and Behavioral Health
- Environmental Health
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Above average career development. Below average tuition.
Public health is a field that offers a vast array of career possibilities in a variety of settings. No matter what path you pursue, your education should provide a great foundation with a strong return on investment. That’s why our online MPH program is available at a lower average tuition than comparative degrees.
What types of jobs are available to public health professionals?
The University of Nevada, Reno online Master of Public Health provides training for a broad range of opportunities, such as the following:
- Health educator
- Community health coordinator
- Public health nurse
- Environmental scientist or specialist
- Public health analyst
- Nonprofit manager
- Health administrator
- Public health specialist
- Public health advisor
- Social and community service manager
- Medical and health service manager
- Evaluation consultant
Public health professionals are needed in:
- Health care
- Educational institutions
- Managed care organizations
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts a 20% national growth rate for medical and health services managers from 2016 to 2026.
The BLS predicts a 16% national growth rate for health educators and community health workers from 2016 to 2026.
Online MPH Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission into the online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Online submission of completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Written statement of purpose: 500-word essay addressing relevance of your professional experience to public health, describing your career objectives and outlining your interest in graduate study
- Updated resume or CV
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or 3.0 in last 60 credit hours
- Students without professional experience or with a cumulative GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 may be considered with submission of standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, MCAT)
- Course in Statistics. Curriculum option is available for applicants lacking this prerequisite
- International applicants for whom English is not their first language must submit TOEFL scores
Master of Public Health online curriculum
Through our extensive online MPH curriculum, future public health practitioners, educators and leaders can develop broad, research-based knowledge of public health, policy and practice.
This 45-credit program focusing on general public health practice consists of:
18 Credit Hours in Core Curriculum
21 Credit Hours Concentration (Public Health Practice)
3 Credit Hours Practicum
3 Credit Hours Capstone