Earn Your Cybersecurity Master’s Degree Online
at the University of Nevada, Reno
Spring Applications Due:
Thursday, Dec. 15, 2022
Spring Classes Start:
Monday, Jan. 23, 2023
In the fast-paced world of cybersecurity, staying ahead of change means constantly reinventing yourself with new skills to meet the moment. From seasoned professionals to recent graduates, a degree can give you the currency you’ll need to jumpstart your career as a cybersecurity analyst, security engineer, ethical hacker and more.
The online cybersecurity master’s program at the University of Nevada, Reno, has been designed to prepare a new generation of cybersecurity professionals with the technical and critical thinking skills, leadership insights and theoretical knowledge to address evolving cybersecurity challenges.
Our core values are another way we stand apart from other programs:
- Excellence in all of our endeavors.
- Integrity in all our actions.
- Inclusiveness of diverse cultures and identities.
- Collaboration between disciplines, programs, community partners and stakeholders.
About our 100% online Cybersecurity, Master of Science Program
- Fundamentals of Computer Security
- Internet Security
- Computer Systems Administration
- Mobile Computing Security and Privacy
- Digital Forensics
- Cybersecurity Law and Ethics
- NIST Security Framework and Compliance
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Applicants having minimum GPA of 2.75 and computer science minor equivalency or better will be directly admitted into the core program.
- Applicants not having the minimum computer science minor equivalency or with GPA below 2.75 will be considered for admission into the bridge program (two bridge courses) before taking the core courses.
- Bridge program candidates must successfully complete (as per UNR Graduate School Policy) two bridge courses (6 units) before starting core classes (30 units).
All applicants must also submit
- One-page personal statement describing career goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- Proof of residency required to confirm students reside sanctioned countries or regions. Examples below:
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Water bill
- Power bill
- Waste Management bill
- Lease agreement