Welcome to the Online Master of Accountancy Program at the University of Nevada, Reno.
The University of Nevada, Reno’s online Master of Accountancy program goes far beyond the fundamentals to explore the intricacies of advanced accounting, tax laws, financial analysis and reporting. Our online MAcc program is carefully designed to help you develop the strong technical skills that many employers seek.
With a curriculum that’s structured to elevate your understanding of general accounting principles, we help foster innovative thinking through an emphasis on the skills needed to perform exceptionally and thrive in the business world. You’ll also learn the virtues of teamwork, leadership and effective communication with the convenience of 100% online coursework, meaning you can schedule classes around work and other important life commitments.
As an experienced or future accountant, there’s no shortage of graduate-level business programs from which to choose. Earning your online master of accountancy degree will empower you toward career fulfillment with a focused, specialized skillset that draws from a broader set of business insights.
AACSB accredited College of Business
Designed to prepare students for the CPA exam
GRE/GMAT waiver for
Study with an R1 Carnegie Classification research institution
To be eligible for admission into the online Master of Accountancy program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Applicants with a degree from an AACSB-accredited school and minimum GPA of 2.75 and B or better in all accounting courses.
- Applicants with a degree from any other regionally-accredited school must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and B or better in all accounting courses.
- Undergraduate degree in other fields
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree in fields other than Accounting with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience will be required to complete up to six courses in the Background program and will be required to maintain a grade of B or better in the Background program before matriculating into the Core program.
- English language proficiency
The following additional documentation must also be provided in order for consideration into the Online MAcc program:
- Two letters of recommendation (supervisor, professional, academic)
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended