Above average career development. Below average tuition.
Public health is a field that offers a vast array of career possibilities in a variety of settings. No matter what path you pursue, your education should provide a great foundation with a strong return on investment. That’s why our online MPH program is available at a lower average tuition than comparative degrees.
What types of jobs are available to public health professionals?
The University of Nevada, Reno online Master of Public Health provides training for a broad range of opportunities, such as the following:
- Health educator
- Community health coordinator
- Public health nurse
- Environmental scientist or specialist
- Public health analyst
- Nonprofit manager
- Health administrator
- Public health specialist
- Public health advisor
- Social and community service manager
- Medical and health service manager
- Evaluation consultant
Public health professionals are needed in:
- Health care
- Educational institutions
- Managed care organizations
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts a 20% national growth rate for medical and health services managers from 2016 to 2026.
The BLS predicts a 16% national growth rate for health educators and community health workers from 2016 to 2026.
Online MPH Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission into the online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Online submission of completed application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- Written statement of purpose: 500-word essay addressing relevance of your professional experience to public health, describing your career objectives and outlining your interest in graduate study
- Updated resume or CV
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or 3.0 in last 60 credit hours
- Students with a cumulative GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 may be considered with submission of standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, MCAT)
- Course in Statistics. Curriculum option is available for applicants lacking this prerequisite
- International applicants for whom English is not their first language must submit TOEFL scores